Thursday, January 10, 2008

New Mobile Phone - Nokia N95 8GB



Well after a few months deliberating over which Phone to get and which Mobile provider to try I've finally taked the plunge and gone for a Nokia N95 8GB on Three here in the UK.







My trusty old O2 XDA IIi had served me quite well for almost 2 years, but was becomming incresingly unreliable as a Phone and callers were always commenting "This must be a bad line"...









It was a tricky decision to move away from Windows Mobile, but my XDA experience told me that Microsoft did not quite have the Pocket PC / Phone integration quite right.



OK, so the XDA was Windows Mobile 2003 and Windows Mobile 6 is available now.... but I wanted a device that was more of a phone, than a pocket PC.



Though the Nokia N95 8GB has been out for a while, Vodafone had an exclusive on it until the end on 2007. So I had to wait and bide my time, wondering if it would be worth going for the original N95.... or a new XDA from O2..... or an iPhone.


In the end, the Three datapackages proved to be very good, and as I can't get any T-Mobile reception at home, I've decided to go with Three